With his creative direct marketing ideas, Gary Hennerberg has won numerous direct marketing awards and has served the direct marketing community during his career. Among his achievements and recognition:
- Henry Hoke Award for the “most courageous solution to a difficult sales problem” for the Dickies catalog, selected from over 1,000 Echo Award entries worldwide.
- He has served on the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Named the 1995 Direct Marketer of the Year by the Dallas-Fort Worth Direct Marketing Association.
- Three Silver Echo Awards for Williamson-Dickie and the Dow Chemical Company.
- Past President’s Award from the Chicago Association of Direct Marketing for his work for the Dow Chemical Company.
- Was one of 30 students chosen for a scholarship to attend the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation Collegiate Institute in 1978.
- While with a Young & Rubicam agency, he was chosen to attend the prestigious Wunderman Worldwide Direct Marketing Workshop.
- He was hand-picked to lead the “Successful Direct Marketing Methods” seminar based on the book from direct marketing legend Bob Stone.
- Hennerberg has spoken for the Direct Marketing Association, Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, National Center for Database Marketing, Inc. Magazine’s Conference, Institute for International Research and several local direct marketing organizations